Re: [squid-users] Advice on performance

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:43:21 +0200

On 02.06 21:31, squid squid wrote:
> Thank you for the advise. All the servers are also running apache as web
> and BIND as dns service. # of them on RedHat Linux and has 2GB RAM. The
> other on Solaris 8 and has 256MB RAM.

that's a very big difference. Is the fourth server fast enough to run it at
all? (could have at least more memory)

> I will have the changes for items
> such as cahce_mem, etc made asap. However pls advise how do I configure
> them as neighbours??? I am also using them for proxy purposes and no disk
> caching. Regards.

- turn on ICP
icp_port 3130

on each squid set up cache_peer for all other caches:

cache_peer first-another-cache 3128 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer second-another-cache 3128 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer third-another-cache 3128 3130 proxy-only

(I hope they are connected with fast link)

Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.