Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Ronny <ronny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:04:40 +0300

azeem ahmad wrote:

>> From: Basia Nowak <basiamnowak@yahoo.co.uk>
>> To: dev singh <dev.pratap@gmail.com>
>> CC: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Redirection
>> Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:09:31 +0100 (BST)
>>

>> Hi.
>>
>> --- dev singh <dev.pratap@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > and make the following prerouting through iptables
>> >
>> > iptables -t nat PREROUTING -i eth1 --port 80
>> > REDIRECT --dport 8080

Hi The above rule will work on the squid box this is what others didn't
tell you

And you need a DNAT rule on the NAT box to tell all traffic destined to
port 8080 where to go (Main rule)
and since you have a Cisco in your vicinity why not deploy WCCP?
Anyways hope it helps it's a network thing in conjuction with netfilter
hackery.
Niceday Bab.
Ronny

>> But... these are no any squid server on my NAT router!
>> Port 8080 on router is closed. Proxy server is on
>> other server. I cannont change it. I can only make
>> someting like this:
>>
>> WAN Router --->switch --->Server A ---->Server B
>>
>> But I want to know other way to make transparent squid
>> without routing change.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Barbara
>>

> hi Barbara
> give some details. which server is connected to internet??? with which
> ur lan clients connect, do clients connect to ur router???? and u have
> proxy on server A and NAT on server B. do u want ur clients request
> coming through ur LAN router to be redirected to ur proxy server A.
> Regards
> Azeem

>> Does your mail provider give you FREE antivirus protection?
>> Get Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com

  / ''We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are''\