Re: [squid-users] Re: content mixed up.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:02:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Victor Tsang wrote:

> It turn out this url casued the problem I'm seeing, it would
> appears as like squid is caching content using this post-redirector
> url instead of the incomming, pre-redirector url as the 'key' (forgive
> me if this is not the correct term) to the object.

Correct.

And as long as you stay away from the "redirect_rewrites_host_header"
directives things should not be confusing.

If you use the above directive to force Squid to use the original Host
header even if you rewrote the URL then great care must be taken on what
URLs you construct and how you map them or you risk causing yourself a
great deal of grey hears..