Re: [squid-users] Re: how to share my proxy

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:15:29 -0500

On 6/14/05, Joost de Heer <sanguis@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > I have anonymouse proxy on my system (it can be accessed from internet),
> > and want to share it for testing purposes.
> > How can I tell everybody about my proxy?

Most Squid users are more concerned with how to lock down their proxy so
it can't be abused,how to get off the "open proxies lists" rather than how to
get on them :)

> You don't, unless you want a visit from law, claiming illegal activity was
> performed using your proxy.

Or more likely, your ISP will terminate your account and/or you will receive
DMCA takedown notices from RIAA, MPAA, BSA, MADD, etc.

If you have a strong desire to help people who have a legitimate need
for anonymizing proxy services, consider installing the EFF's Tor app:
     http://tor.eff.org/

The EFF is on top of the legal issues, see their FAQ at
     http://tor.eff.org//eff/tor-legal-faq.html

Kevin Kadow