[squid-users] Squid Virus Javascript ActiveX

From: Achim Stumpf <hakim.st@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:07:35 +0200

Hi,

I want to build up a proxy cache solution for a small company with 7
clients. They want that the proxy filters Javascript, ActiveX and
Viruses in downloads.

1. I looked around in the web and I have found viralator. It checks
Files for viruses. Is that viralator good or is there better software?

2. squid for caching.

3. squidguard to have a nice control over URL's

4. privoxy (junkbuster) for javascript and activex. Does it really
filter active-x? The only hint I have found is:
http://groups.google.de/group/spline.eisfair.dev/browse_frm/thread/e53d2
7bd9e88481/3258c8abc5a361b2?q=privoxy+active-x&rnum=1&hl=de#3258c8abc5a3
61b2
Another thing would be squid-filter from
http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/squid-filter.html
But I am not sure if they are really stable or in productive use by now?

My favourite operating system is Debian Sarge...

Has anyone experience with such a setup? Any hints about the best way?

Thanks

Achim Stumpf