RE: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 Crashing every few minutes

From: Sam Reynolds <sreynolds@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:24:38 -0400

Thanks for the response Guido,

I did what you suggested and here are the results.

Increasing the Cache size did nothing (I believe this is due to the fact
we have caching turned off).

Removing the ACLs. I first removed the Deny ACL. I still had the
problems. While the Deny ACL was removed, I removed the Approved ACL.
It stayed up and running for over 6 hours. However, we are a hospital
and our Clinical staff needed to get out the some sites that are
approved, so I put the approved ACL back in. Within 2 hours it had
crashed and stopped responding.

With the above information in mind, is there a theoretical maximum
number of entries for the ACL's for Squid to parse? If so, what is the
maximum? If not, is there an alternative to the ACL's to give users the
ability to get out to approved sites, without Authentication.

With many thanks,

Sam