RE: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 Crashing every few minutes

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:43:02 +0200

Hi,

At 15.24 14/06/2005, Sam Reynolds wrote:

>Thanks for the response Guido,
>
>I did what you suggested and here are the results.
>
>Increasing the Cache size did nothing (I believe this is due to the fact
>we have caching turned off).
>
>Removing the ACLs. I first removed the Deny ACL. I still had the
>problems. While the Deny ACL was removed, I removed the Approved ACL.
>It stayed up and running for over 6 hours. However, we are a hospital
>and our Clinical staff needed to get out the some sites that are
>approved, so I put the approved ACL back in. Within 2 hours it had
>crashed and stopped responding.
>
>With the above information in mind, is there a theoretical maximum
>number of entries for the ACL's for Squid to parse? If so, what is the
>maximum? If not, is there an alternative to the ACL's to give users the
>ability to get out to approved sites, without Authentication.
>
>With many thanks,

How many entries are defined in your acl ?

You can use an external redirector or content filter. See the Squid related
software page: http://www.squid-cache.org/related-software.html

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/