RE: [squid-users] Adding a failure URL to Squid.

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:23:38 -0800

URL.
> How can I do this? I previously tried to do it via WebMin, but some
> permissions got changed, and my Squid server "died" I want to manually put
> it in the Squid config file.
>
> I'm running
> FreeBSD 4.11
> Squid 2.5.10_1
>
> Thx
> Chris aka N00B
> :-p

From http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.24:

: 10.24 I want to customize, or make my own error messages.
:
: You can customize the existing error messages as described in
Customizable
: Error Messages. You can also create new error messages and use these in
: conjunction with the deny_info option.
:
: For example, lets say you want your users to see a special message when
they
: request something that matches your pornography list. First, create a
file
: named ERR_NO_PORNO in the /usr/local/squid/etc/errors directory. That
file might
: contain something like this:
:
: <p>
: Our company policy is to deny requests to known porno sites. If you feel

: you've received this message in error, please contact the support staff
: (support@this.company.com, 555-1234).
:
: Next, set up your access controls as follows:
:
: acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/porno.txt"
: deny_info ERR_NO_PORNO porn
: http_access deny porn
: (additional http_access lines ...)

Though in your case, you would want the deny_info line to be:

deny_info http://your.webserver/path/to/no-porn.html porn

And (obviously) you would need to create the no-porn.html page versus the
ERR_NO_PORN page.

Chris