[squid-users] Forwarding login and password from a 2.4 proxy to a 2.5 proxy

From: Carinus Carelse <carinus.carelse@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:34:11 +0200

I have installed the new version of squid 2.5 but i would like to test
it under load and I want to use the cache_peer to forward all requests
to the new proxy for a few days just to test everything. I would like it
to just forward the login credentials to the new proxy what is the
equivalent to login=PASS in the 2.4 version. My old proxy is a 2.4
version. I have the forwarding working the other way. From 2.5 to a
2.4 proxy. I would now like to make it work the other way I have tried
various permutations of the command below including login=PASS at the
end of the line can some please help me by telling me the right way to
do this. It just keeps popping up the login box.

Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE7

cache_peer parent.domain.com parent 3128 3130 no-query default
login=user:password.