Re: [squid-users] squid idea possibility

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:50:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Jon Howe wrote:

> As you can probably tell by me posting this, I have a problem. I want
> to have users authenticate only for port 80 traffic. For all other
> ports I want traffic to pass through as there were no proxy.

To make the traffic pass throught without going via the proxy then this
needs to be done in the client using a pac script.

To proxy the traffic but without requiring authentication you need to
configure your http_access rules in squid.conf to only require
authentication on requests for port 80. The Squid FAQ chapter 10.1 Access
Controls Introduction is a good startingpoint for understanding
http_access.