Re: [squid-users] ignore_only_if_cached in squid.conf

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:41:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Michael Scheibel wrote:

> I've noticed some strange tags in the Squid configuration files of the
> IRCache project, namely 'ignore_only_if_cached' and 'icp_false_hit_ratio'.
>
> Example:
> http://www.ircache.net/Configuration/squid.conf.sd
>
> Is this undocumented magic?

it is ircache local extensions on their proxies. IIRC introduced in
response to abuse of the ircache services, but it may also have been
related to some of their research activities in cache peerings. The
IRCache staff should know more if you need to know, but for all
practical purposes you can ignore these directives when looking at the
IRCache configs as examples.