Re: [squid-users] Local webpage caching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:30:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:

> It seems that my local page is not cache. can you help me to also cache my
> local page?

Squid doesn't care much where a site is, at least not unless you have
expliticitly told it to not cache local servers via the no_cache
directive.

Assuming you have not told Squid to not cache the site there is a few
things to keep in mind

   a) The content returned by your server must be cachable. If the pages
are generated dynamically (PHP etc) then they are usually not cacheable by
default.

   b) Clocks are important. If the clock is not correct on either web
server or proxy strange things will happen wrt caching.

   c) Don't verify caching by using the reload button. This by default
forces a fresh copy to be retreived from the web server.