Re: [squid-users] Problem with squidguard and squid:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:03:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Markus Atteneder wrote:

> Thank's for your reply, since my Linux Distribution is Debian and i am not
> compiling packages and programs myself i am looking for a solution without
> changing the source code, that would be the last option for me. Are there no
> other posibilities?

You could ask the Debian package maintainer to add the option.

Or you could rebuild the Debian package to suit your needs. Even if Debian
ships binaries it also supports modifying the specifications allowing you
to rebuild the binaries to match your needs.

As I am not an Debian user I am not entirely sure on the exact details on
how the Debian package system works, but the following looks like a good
start:

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html