Re: [squid-users] Squid is not working fine.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:48:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Shin Imai wrote:

> Thanks for your advice.
>
> I get this in access.log file.
>
> 192.168.12.35 - - [16/Jun/2005:12:49:18 +0900] "GET http://www.localhost.com
> HTTP/1.1" 503 2490 TCP_MISS:NONE

Ok.

Was there any warnings about 192.168.12.123 or appvip in cache.log?

Any errors from "squid -k parse"?

The config you sent earlier works fine for me by just chaning the IP
address of the backend server in the cache_peer directive to one of my
servers and a few paths to match my lab environment (cache_dir, logs etc).

> In my hosts file, www.localhost.com is indicated to squid server but
> actual www.localhost.com server is 192.168.12.123.

The hosts file is not relevant in Squid-3 accelerators using cache_peer
for forwarding. The address to connect to is given by the cache_peer
directive.