Re: [squid-users] FTP Proxy

From: fub <fub@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:40:37 +0200

Dieter Bloms schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Jun 17, Frank Wagner wrote:
>

>>unterstützt der Proxy auch einen Parent? Wie geschrieben, muss
>>der auf die VirusWall (ftp proxy) kommen können.
>>

>the question was:
>
>does the proxy supports parent configuration ?
>
>No it doesn't, but the Viruswall can do it.
>
>Client -> Viruswall -> proxy-suite -> internet
>
>This kind of configuration works since several years for us.
>
>for further information please subscribe to the mailing list listed on
>the homepage of that project.

For design reason that does not work for us.

Our ftp proxy should be on one host in the internal network. the same
host as the http (squid) proxy
lies on. the viruswall stands in the dmz. the reason why is, because
users should connect from one
proxy host to the dmz. we don't want to let all ip adresses from the
intranet through the firewall.

so the proxy must support parent and user authentification. i didn't see
that kind of proxy for
unix servers. tell me if i'm wrong. but only squid has maybe the
possibiliy to proxy ftp with user
authentication and parent proxy. so my question is, if i can configure
squid to do so.

maybe some clients work good enough with squid and the ftp proxy
possibilities.

Thanks for you interrest.

Frank