[squid-users] File Descriptor Limit and ulimit

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:39:43 -0400

How do you know what is a good limit for file descriptors? Is their a
way to see if my Squid is running out? I know how to find the limit but
not sure if I have it set right. Does anyone know if CentOS linux
requires a rebuilding of the kernel is the file descriptor is changed?
I'm reading from Squid : The Definitive Guide about File Descriptors and
I'm getting a little confused. I want to make sure I have this setup
correctly on my new squid server.

Brad