[squid-users] digest authentication error

From: kido <kido@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:51:10 +0300

hi!
I'm using squid 2.5 ; basic authentication (ncsa) works just fine.
I tried to improve the authentication scheme, chosing digest. So, I entered:
squid-2.5.STABLE10/helpers/digest_auth/
and did make && make install
then I uncommented the following line in squid.conf.

 auth_param digest program /usr/local/squid/libexec/digest_pw_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/digpass

I preserved the same acls as with basic_auth: acl parola proxy_auth REQUIRED
When I restart squid, an error occurs, telling me that sheme "digest" is
unknown.

I reconfigured squid with --enable-digest-auth-helpers=password option.
Rebuild. Same error :(
Any ideas?
How do I enable digest authentication?
thanks!