Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5STABLE10 core dumps

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:30:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> I have been running squid-2.5STABLE5 for ages and was generally
> happy. Today I upgraded to STABLE10 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE and all hell
> broke loose.
>
> I use squid in a transparent proxy setup using IPFilter and
> DansGuardian.

Most likely you have not completed the IP-Filter configuration. Squid
needs to be given access to the nat device (/dev/nat or /dev/ipf or
similar depending on OS flavor)

Squid-2.5.STABLE9 and eariler didn't notice this config error until a old
style HTTP/1.0 request was seen. STABLE10 sees the error on the first
request and then crashes due to a new bug, but after first reporting the
system config error in cache.log... A patch is available to not crash
Squid on this error, but the system config error still needs to be
corrected and also avoids the bug causing the crash.