Re: [squid-users] Memory trouble with big files

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:33:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de wrote:

> we have since long ago using a Squid cache (Version 2.2.Stable5) with no problem
> on a 512MB RAM machine for our network. After using an other http gateway
> virusscanner we get problems with squid trying to get even relly big files
> first into memory before transfer it to the clients. This lead to a squid
> process using all available memory until it is killed by the OS if we try to
> download files excceding the RAM size (~500MB).

I would suggest you to try upgrading to a current Squid version before
investigating this any deeper. Squid-2.2.STABLE5 is very old and has since
long been forgotten by all developers.

During the years a number of "sudden increase of memory usage" situations
have been corrected and there is a very high likelyhood the problem you
are seeing is already fixed.

Current Squid version is 2.5.STABLE10.