RE: [squid-users] Pessimal behavior with Windows Update (Long)

From: Brett Glass <squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:16:47 -0600

At 04:40 AM 6/30/2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>For me it is sufficient to not cache partial requests, which also means that the versions of windows update using their "download accelerator" is not cached. My (paying) customers are all companies

Mine include hundreds of small businesses and residential users who do not have
Microsoft servers. Which is not necssarily a bad thing, IMHO, because Microsoft-based
servers are very unreliable. A small business cannot afford to depend upon them. Every
small business I know that has tried has had severe problems.

--Brett Glass