Re: [squid-users] Re: Update cache?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:53:56 +0930

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 12:08:01AM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> have you tried to give a suitable proxy login+password to wget?

Yes. I tried that and quite a number of other permutations. When I
sniffed the network I could see the basic authentication was sent in
the request to the proxy (I even decoded it to make sure it was
correct) but I kept getting a 407 back.

I don't know if it makes any difference but we are using both
ntlm_auth and basic auth in our squid set up so the people on Windows
clients will be authenticated without needed to enter a
username/password but other clients can still authenticate using basic
authentication.

--
Brett Lymn