[squid-users] Peer Caches between Squid 2.5.STABLE9 and 2.4STABLE7 giving trouble

From: Babs <arvbab@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:40:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I got a parent cache running 2.4STABLE7 on RH8.0. I am
making a sibling cache for it on FC4 with Squid
2.5.STABLE9. I have used the cache_peer directive in
the sibling squid.conf to access the net through
parent proxy, but I am getting request timeouts when I
browse through the sibling proxy. This is puzzling me
bcoz I got another sibling running FC3 with squid
2.5.STABLE8 and it is working without any problem.(btw
this FC3 box is going to be replaced with a better
hardware).I have checked everything to make sure I
didnt configured anything wrong.

the cache_peer directive on the working FC3 sibling as
follows

cache_peer 172.16.5.2 parent 3128 0 no_query
default

This is working perfectly fine

my cache_peer directive on the new FC4 sibling as
follows
cache_peer 172.16.5.2 parent 3128 0 default

and this is giving me timeouts

Btw when I configured the new FC4 box with the
"cache_peer 172.16.5.2 parent 3128 0 no_query
default" statement this gave me error and squid
refused to start until I removed the "no_query"
statement out of it.

Someone pls tell me what may be went wrong , why this
problem is happening

Thanx a lot

http://auctions.yahoo.com/