Re: [squid-users] How to solve slow HTTP POSTS?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:58:12 +0200

On 10.07 05:33, Weicheng Pan wrote:
> I have encoutered slow upload client on my apache server, and the server
> utilization was full.
> (Slow Clients) ==> (Apache Servers)
>
> Then I have an idea that use squid as a http accelerator to receive all
> upload traffic then forwarding to the backend servers.
> (Slow Clients) ==> (Squid) => (Apache Servers)
>
> But I observed that squid receive partial data then forward repeatedly.

wasn't that caused by download "accelerators" that requested different parts
of the same file in parallel?

> Is there any configuration or patch can make squid receive all incoming
> data in a HTTP session and then forwarding to the backend server?
> Or there is any other solution can solve this situation

What you can do is set up range_offset_limit to always fetch the whole file.
That would help you if the same files are fetched from squid's cache.
But that can be ineffective if clients fetch only small parts of files that
change too often.

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".