Re: [squid-users] Squid configuration with 2 ISP link

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:51:15 +0200

On 10.07 11:58, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:
> I define a configuration like this on my squid.conf:
>
> cache_peer proxy.isp1.net parent 8080 0 weight=50 default no-query
> cache_peer proxy.isp2.net parent 8080 0 weight=50 default no-query

why do you use two "default" proxies? only one of them should be default.
Also, using ICP would help you much, unless those proxies do not support
ICP (or HTCP as an alternative). Option weight is useless in this case.

> When both links are connected, the squid uses the isp1 parent, if i remove
> the link for isp1, browsing stops, however i can see on the access.log that
> it is accessing the isp2 but doest diplay a page

It fetches objects from 2nd proxy but doesn't display them? Are you sure you
can access the 2nd proxy? Aren't you trying to access 2nd proxy from IP
given by 1st ISP? You probably have to set uo your proxy to access 2nd proxy
using IP Address given to you by 2nd ISP.

> if i connect the link of isp1, browing continus but now the default parent
> is isp2 as i monitor the access log is isp2.

> Im just wondering, it should use both isp for load balancing however in the
> case of link problem it should use the one on-line, am i right?

yes. but you need to correctly set up more than just proxy (IP)

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.