Re: [squid-users] Squid configuration with 2 ISP link

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:58:38 +0300

Hi,

I define a configuration like this on my squid.conf:

cache_peer proxy.isp1.net parent 8080 0 weight=50 default no-query
cache_peer proxy.isp2.net parent 8080 0 weight=50 default no-query

When both links are connected, the squid uses the isp1 parent, if i remove
the link for isp1, browsing stops, however i can see on the access.log that
it is accessing the isp2 but doest diplay a page, if i connect the link of
isp1, browing continus but now the default parent is isp2 as i monitor the
access log is isp2.
Im just wondering, it should use both isp for load balancing however in the
case of link problem it should use the one on-line, am i right?

Please help me, any idea will surely helps,

Wennie