RE: [squid-users] Detected DEAD Parent

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:36:28 -0800

Check your firewall/parent squid. Is it possible that you are hitting a connection rate limit (SYN flood prevention)? In other words, your inner squid server is making new connections to the firewall at a rate that the firewall perceives as an attack. If you have specified in your squid.conf "never_direct allow all" then squid will give errors when all parent proxies become unresponsive.

Chris