[squid-users] Multiple proxy_auth mechanisms - how ?

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:09:29 +0200

Hi,

we have a setup with ntlm authorisation and squid 2.5STABLE10. Now we
want to support WebDAV via the proxy with a WebDAV client that cannot
perform NTLM authorisation. I thought I could add another auth_param
mechanism, e.g. basic_auth, and put it behind the NTLM auth declarations
so that all NTLM-capable clients use NTLM and others use basic auth.
However, I only get a TCP_denied via the WebDAV client without any
username. The acls look like this :

(...)
acl allowed_users proxy_auth "/etc/squid.d/users"
http_access allow allowed_users
http_access deny all

I thought that for the proxy_auth acl all installed schemes are tried in
the order of appearance ?

Yours,
Jakob Curdes