Re: [squid-users] Problem with Winbind - SOLVED

From: André Marques <andre_sesred@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:29:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi again, Roman!

One more time the info you gave me helped a lot!

I checked out my smb.conf and the "use default domain"
was set to "no". I think this has caused all the
problem, cause it was trying to found by other method
the users and groups, consequently bringing those
trash with query results.

I just set it to "yes", and restarted SMB and WINBIND.
Now things got back to normal! :)

Thanks again for your help... now i'll just check it
out the other info you gave me, about the Update
Rollup. I'll try to solve what's going on withi it and
post it here at the list.

Thanks for all your help!

André

Other thing i found out was that the problem i had was
caused by an update on domain controllers. That was
the Update Rollup 1 for MS Windows 2003 servers, if
i'm not mistaken... has anybody noticed this kind of
problem or any other like that? The removal of this
update made the errors stop.

By the way, now other error is happening. my wbinfo is
bringing some crap when getting the users and groups.
Instead of bringing USER and GROUP only, it brings
DOMAIN_NAMErUSER and DOMAIN_NAMErGROUP, causing
malfunction on wbinfo when checking the groups.

Any query about users and groups by wbinfo program
shows these wrong informations. I have even tried to
put the same wbinfo that works well on other server,
replacing the bad one, but nothing changed. Is there
any way to verify why is it happening?

Again, any help would be very appreciated... thanks to
anyone!

André

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/