Re: [squid-users] RBL/RHSBL for Squid?

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:39:04 +0200

* Albert Siersema <appie@friendly.net>:

> >Hi Mr. Hildebrandt, I've being working in a Squid Malware Block List
> >wich lists URLs pointing to malware. Those URLs are being collected
> >primarily on phishing e-mail messages received by contributors.
> I'm very interested in a 'community effort' like this. Especially combined
> with (automatic) checking of the submitted URLs this could be very useful.
> Alas, portugese is not a language i read/speak so can't help out with
> translating :(

My idea was not to rely on regexp lists, but to have a hook in squid
that allows squid to REFUSE to server pages where:

* the destination IP is blacklisted
* the destination hostname is blacklisted
* the destination domain is blacklisted

For comparison, this relates to the reject_rhsbl_* and
reject_rbl_client optionss in Postfix

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrums)         Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155