RE: [squid-users] Web Site Authentication

From: <Mace.Scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:58:45 -0400

"Chris Robertson" <crobertson@gci.com> wrote on 08/02/2005 02:40:54 PM:

> [...]

Now that's just ridiculous! So my choices are:
(A) Convince the web site administrator to change their authentication
mechanism,
(B) Don't use a proxy, or
(C) Bypass the proxy for any site that uses NTLM authentication, which
means fiddling with the firewall for a bunch of crappy sites.

Not much of a choice. There has to be a way around this, otherwise proxy
servers are useless.

Sorry to sound like I'm ranting, but this kind of one vendor breaking
things for others junk is for the birds.

Scott