[squid-users] tproxy

From: Rodrigo Gesswein <rodrigo.gesswein@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:00:52 -0400

Hi!

I'm new to squid user's mailing list and I have some questions
regarding implementation of cttproxy and squid.

Basically, I can't put all the pieces together to build a really
transparent squid box. Does anyone have a mini-howto or tips about
this implementation ?

What I do:

1.- Downloaded and install latest version on cttproxy, for kernel
2.6.12 and iptables 1.2.7a.

2.- Compile squid-2.5.stable5 with JES patch:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200404/0032.html

3.- Follow instructions from:
http://www.sanog.org/resources/sanog4-devdas-transproxy.pdf

All tests I made, http request comes with IP of my squid box and not client IP.
Any tips or ideas ?

Thank you very much

Rodrigo.