Re: [squid-users] tproxy

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:05:30 -0400

First, and foremost, you'll need to use the --enable-ipf-transparent
config option when you run the configure.
Second, you'll want to search the Squid FAQ. There are some useful tips
out there about how to set that up.

Tim Rainier

Rodrigo Gesswein <rodrigo.gesswein@gmail.com>
08/04/2005 02:00 PM
Please respond to
Rodrigo Gesswein <rodrigo.gesswein@gmail.com>

squid-users@squid-cache.org
cc

Subject
[squid-users] tproxy

Hi!

I'm new to squid user's mailing list and I have some questions
regarding implementation of cttproxy and squid.

Basically, I can't put all the pieces together to build a really
transparent squid box. Does anyone have a mini-howto or tips about
this implementation ?

What I do:

1.- Downloaded and install latest version on cttproxy, for kernel
2.6.12 and iptables 1.2.7a.

2.- Compile squid-2.5.stable5 with JES patch:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200404/0032.html

3.- Follow instructions from:
http://www.sanog.org/resources/sanog4-devdas-transproxy.pdf

All tests I made, http request comes with IP of my squid box and not
client IP.
Any tips or ideas ?

Thank you very much

Rodrigo.