[squid-users] Re: squid_ldap_auth and ssl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:20:15 +0200 (CEST)

Please use the squid-users mailinglist for Squid usage and configuration
questions, including squid_ldap_auth.

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, c.s.r.c.murthy wrote:

> We are trying to use squid_ldap_auth for squid authentication on
> SSL over LDAP (port 636). In the README it is written that squid_ldap_auth
> shoul be compiled with ssl library. How to include the ssl libraries for the
> compilation?. When I simply run make, I don't know whether it is including
> support for ssl.

The use of SSL or TLS in squid_ldap_auth requires that the LDAP API
library you use is built with SSL support. Quite likely your LDAP library
(OpenLDAP I presume) is built with SSL support. Just try using it,
squid_ldap_auth will tell you if SSL or TLS is not available.

To use LDAP over SSL you need to specify an ldaps:// URI to
squid_ldap_auth as server name.