RE: [squid-users] Squid -MRTG error - No such name

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:05:54 -0800

ERROR: Target[cacheclienthttprequests][_IN_] ' $target->[3]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
ERROR: Target[cacheclienthttprequests][_OUT_] ' $target->[3]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
ERROR: Target[cachecurrentlruexpiration][_IN_] ' $target->[19]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
ERROR: Target[cachecurrentlruexpiration][_OUT_] ' $target->[19]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data

For me, even when I use lru as the cache_replacement_policy, the SNMP value stays at 0. Apparently MRTG doesn't handle Timetick values of zero very gracefully. As for the Client HTTP requests, I'm using "cacheServerRequests" to good effect.

Running "snmpwalk -v1 -c public -m /PATH/TO/squid.mib SERVERNAME:PORT .1.3.6.1.4.1.3495" should give you an idea of what is available for monitoring.

Chris