[squid-users] Squid Configuration

From: Boughton, James <boughtonj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:32:29 -0400

Hello all,

I'm very new to squid, how its setup, and what everything it does so I
hope I don't come off stupid. I did read through the FAQs and I have
read a couple of other resources online, and through the config file.
What I'm trying to do is this: I have two servers setup and running
SuSE 9.3 Enterprise, Squid 2.5, and apache 2.0.49. I want those two
servers to a act as a proxy to the two internal web servers. The proxy
boxes have two NICs, with static address of course, and one ip has
access to the internal web servers and the other one doesn't. I did
check to see if that was my problem, giving both all 4 ip addresses
access and that didn't work either. One of the web servers is using
https and the other is just using http. I tried to get the http web
server up first because it seemed a little easier. I've read through
everything I could find on acls, and it seemed pretty straight-forward,
but I think my problem lies within the config fine and actually pointing
the proxy boxes to the web servers. I also checked the firewall
settings on the SuSE boxes, tried turing it off and adding an iptable
command that seemed to fit my need. I thought that I might have to use
redirect, but I wasn't sure if that was right to use and would solve my
problem. Any help with this would be much apprecaited. Thank you.

James