[squid-users] A quick pointer

From: Secretary <secretary@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:22:00 +0100

I've compiled SQUID from the source rpm but when I try to install the rpm I
get an 'unsatisfied shellword.pl' error, even though shellwords.pl exists on
the computer.
Since I'm new to Linux (Mandrake 10.2) my solution has been to search the
source files for a reference to shellword.pl. I found one reference so I
decompressed the tar.bz2 file that contained this file, edited the 'required
shellwords.pl' to prepend the path to Shellwords.pl. I then rebuilt the
tar.bz2, recompiled SQUID and everything works OK.
Mt thought is that there must be the equivalent of an environment setting,
or path, or a way of telling the compiler at run time where shellwords.pl
is. Otherwise I'm going to have to go through this process everytime a new
stable version is released.
Does anyone know how Linux deals with this?
Thanks in advance
Mark