Re: [squid-users] any updates/info on using spread with squid for logging ?

From: john allspaw <jallspaw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

yeah, not really a good option, because that defeats some of the reasons why we're using spread:

 - don't have to have logs go to disk
 - don't have to deal with log rotation on an entire farm of squids
- can watch/analyze logs on one aggregated file.

 thanks Henrik, I'm going to post on the spread-users forum.

 -john

 p.s.  it might be helpful if in newer versions of squid to be able to log to a pipe, like how apache can, for error_logs:

 ErrorLog "|/etc/httpd/conf/error_log_spread.pl -h -g error -s 4803"