[squid-users] any updates/info on using spread with squid for logging ?

From: john allspaw <jallspaw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

In my organization, we're using the spread toolkit and mod_log_spread to log apache access and error entries.  Mainly, it's for performance reasons and also not having to manage log files across a large number of machines.

  Has anyone tried using spread to log access and referrers from squid ?
  We're using a farm of squids as a surrogates (accelerators) so being able to aggregate all of the logging to a single server via spread would really be advantageous.

  It would appear that the only way squid can log is to a file.  Even logging to a fifo with a pipe into the spread ring doesn't look like it works all that well.

  thoughts, ideas ?
  thanks