RE: [squid-users] timeout?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:41:11 -0800

>> On 8/16/05, Corey Tyndall <CTyndall@pcmh.com> wrote:
>>> Is there anyway to disconnect clients from the proxy server
>>> after a period of no activity? Our problem is that if a user
>>> logs into the internet via the proxy and then walks away
>>> without shutting down the browser other users can walk up and
>>> start browsing without being asked to log in because the
>>> first person never logged out. If I could disconnect the
>>> session after say 15 minutes then the issue is no longer.
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> "Kashif Ali Bukhari" <kbukhari@gmail.com> 08/16/05 01:55AM >>>
>>use clinet life time

Using a custom authenticator with a ttl of less than 15 minutes ought to work. Every time the authenticator is called it should check both the validity of the data and a time variable. If it's been more than 15 minutes since the last authentication, return ERR, which should cause Squid to prompt for authentication. If it's been less then 15 minutes, reset the time variable (to the current time) and return OK.

This idea is off the top of my head, and may (most likely does) have serious flaws.

Chris