[squid-users] Squid Dead, yet again,

From: John R. Van Lanen, Network Operations - TCCSA <VANLANEN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:00:54 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running Redhat ES 3.0,

Running Squid Stable 2.5 ver 3 that comes with the Redhat ES 3.0

The issue I have is that squid will stop dead,

Do a squid status and it shows

squid dead but pid file exists
squid: ERROR Could not send signal 0 to process 5530: (3) No such process,

Have seen this before, restart squid or rebooting solves the issue for awhile,
but, under load it occurrs again.

The 5530 process number changes.

Cache.log shows nothing but normal stuff.

Searching the net shows others with the same issues but can't find a solution.

Have tried blowing away the cache directory and doing a squid -z, it's like
there is a process number written to the PID but then it hangs or goes away so
as soon as it trys to access the number from the PID, the process is gone,
squid dies. If you could even point me in any direction it's more than I have
now.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
| John R. Van Lanen, Manager of Network Operations Voice: (330) 264-6047 |
| Tri-County Computer Services Association (TCCSA) Fax: (330) 264-5703 |
| "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, E-mail:vanlanen@TCCSA.NET|
| because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" |