Re: [squid-users] squid firwall rules for windowsupdate validation?

From: Carlos Zottmann <carlos.zottmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:08:07 -0300

Hi!!

Windows Update really has problems authenticating to squid, so you
need to use some rules in order to get it working. The rules that we
are using are the following:

acl WindowsUpdateSites dstdomain .windowsupdate.com
.windowsupdate.microsoft.com .update.microsoft.com

Then, before the http_access rule that requires user authentication,
use this one
http_access allow WindowsUpdateSites

Regards,
Carlos.