RE: [squid-users] dead squid, Still looking,

From: John R. Van Lanen, Network Operations - TCCSA <VANLANEN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:37:24 -0400 (EDT)

> John R. Van Lanen, Network Operations - TCCSA said:
> > Done that too. Allowed squid -z to rebuild and it will still die with in
> > hours.

> Did you delete everything before running 'squid -z', including the
> cache_swap.log?

> Another reason might be hardware related.

> - Check all cables
> - badblocks test on all disks
> - memtest

> Joost

What it would seem to me, is that the process ends without removing this from
the squid.pid file. It actually just created the process and it's already
gone, So what ended the process, SQuid, or Linux, or did squid record the wrong
number. This doesn't happen everytime, You can see in the cache.log file that
it is successful most of the time.

| John R. Van Lanen, Manager of Network Operations Voice: (330) 264-6047 |
| Tri-County Computer Services Association (TCCSA) Fax: (330) 264-5703 |
| "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, E-mail:vanlanen@TCCSA.NET|
| because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" |