[squid-users] dead squid, Still looking,

From: John R. Van Lanen, Network Operations - TCCSA <VANLANEN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:12:16 -0400 (EDT)

Me again, sorry,

my squid dies, when it does the cache.log most always shows the same last entry
of

Store rebuilding is 4.4% (or some other number) complete

Then nothing, The Squid status shows

squid dead but pid file exists,

Does anyone know in ES 3 if there is a problem with processes just
disappearing?

I've Tryed increasing Cache_mem from 8 to 768
disabled store.log
Increase ifp_redirector processes from 10 to 30.

Any other settings anyone could think of?

Orginally posted;

I'm running Redhat ES 3.0,

Running Squid Stable 2.5 ver 3 that comes with the Redhat ES 3.0

The issue I have is that squid will stop dead,

Do a squid status and it shows

squid dead but pid file exists
squid: ERROR Could not send signal 0 to process 5530: (3) No such process,

Have seen this before, restart squid or rebooting solves the issue for awhile,
the 5530 number changes.

Cache.log shows nothing but normal stuff.

Searching the net shows others with the same issues but can't find a solution.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
| John R. Van Lanen, Manager of Network Operations Voice: (330) 264-6047 |
| Tri-County Computer Services Association (TCCSA) Fax: (330) 264-5703 |
| "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, E-mail:vanlanen@TCCSA.NET|
| because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" |