Re: [squid-users] Replacement/Removal Policy Type

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:14:04 -0400

Added memory_replacement_policy head LFUDA
Things appear to be up and running just fine now.

Just for good measure, am I missing anything else?

Tim Rainier

trainier@kalsec.com
09/01/2005 12:43 PM

squid-users@squid-cache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [squid-users] Replacement/Removal Policy Type

Once I got the configure option sorted, I added the following line to
squid.conf:
cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA

Is this correct?
If so, I'm missing something because squid contiually page faults and bogs

the machine down. (average of 100 processes waiting on the CPU).

What gives?

Tim Rainier

Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@gmail.com>
09/01/2005 10:13 AM

"trainier@kalsec.com" <trainier@kalsec.com>
cc
squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject
Re: [squid-users] Replacement/Removal Policy Type

> Tried that already. It fails with a "no policy named 'heap' is
available"

> Tim Rainier

Please post exact output of configure session , using
for instance the ´script´ tool.

M.