[squid-users] Squid Dies many times in one day

From: Sturgis, Grant <Grant.Sturgis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:33:06 -0600

Greetings List,

I have just rebuilt our squid system (RHEL ES 3) and now Squid (Squid
Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE3) dies many times every day.

I have searched through cache.log and /var/log/messages and haven't
really come up with anything.

A couple things of note:

From /var/log/messages:

(five times today)
Sep 1 11:44:00 proxy_server squid[5562]: Exiting due to repeated,
frequent failures

and from cache.log I don't see anything in particular cooresponding to
this, but I do see several of these:

httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http:.......

and

ctx: enter level 0: 'http:......

Any suggestions for troubleshooting or correcting this would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,

Grant

Pardon this:

sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by