[squid-users] Files are not cached

From: Michael Groys <mgroys@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 18:37:11 +0300

Hello,
I'm trying to run squid in the closed environment with the existing http proxy.
The only access to outside world is through this proxy.
Even DNS server doesn't resolve external hosts.
So I added following line to the squid.conf file:

cache_peer 10.1.2.3 parent 8080 7 no-query default

It works fine with one exception - it doesn't cache responses from the
queries sent directly to the local server. The queries sent to the parent proxy
are cached correctly.
I tried different things but nothing helps.
(If I remove the line above, the queries to local servers are cached,
but then I can not access external servers)

Thanks for any help or advise.

Regards, Michael.

PS. I'm using 2.5 stable version.