[squid-users] single squid proxy caching multiple http servers

From: Jeremy Pettet <jeremy.pettet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:39:53 -0700

hello,

I think this question it too simple because I have not been able to
find a definitive answer.

I want to speed up a php-based web site and I was thinking of having a
single machine running squid and caching the websites of multiple
machine each running many typo3-based websites.

The squid machine will be fast with lots of ram and a fast disk
subsystem. The only task the http servers will be is to run the cms
administrative interface and update the site.

Is this possible? Has it been done before and can you point me to some
resources that can help?

Thanks.
jp