Re: [squid-users] realplayer and squid

From: Kashif Ali Bukhari <kbukhari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:47:39 +0500

On 9/6/05, Ronald Warner <warnerr@gmail.com> wrote:
> good day. we are running 2.5stable9 with proxy authentication. when
> there is no proxy
> authentication, realplayer is able to play sites with rm on it such as
> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%20119&version=31.
>
> however, when proxy authentication is enabled, sites like the one
> above can't play the audio.
see you are authenticating from web client Eg Internet explorer and
it mean squid will allow just Internet explorer for surfing and real
player is build with a Mozilla compatible browser with so u have to
authenticate your users on R1 type browser or u may bypass
authentication for such type of browser
like:
acl RMPone browser R1
http_access allow RMPone