Re: [squid-users] remote 403 error through squid

From: Thomas Reed <treed@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:00:36 -0500

Mark Elsen wrote:

>On 9/8/05, Thomas Reed <treed@lavergne.org> wrote:
>

>>Having an issue with a particular website giving me a 403 forbidden error.
>>
>>Details:
>>
>>If i hit the website as http://we.bs.ite/ I get a 403 error from the
>>webserver there, I'm guessing its denying me a directory listing.
>>
>>When I bypass the proxy and use the same url the page loads correctly.
>>
>>Interestingly, when I go through squid and enter the url as
>>http://we.bs.ite// (note the extra slash) it comes up fine.
>>
>>Is this a misconfiguration on my end or the remote web servers issue?
>>This seems to be the only site I'm having an issue with.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Thomas
>>

> Could be due to , request headers not understood when squid is used.
> Checkout and play with :
>
> http://web-sniffer.net/
>
> What's the difference when using squid or not (e.g.) ?
> You may find some clues.
>
> M.
>
>!DSPAM:4321bc59124131009210445!

It seems to connect fine when i don't use squid. the web-sniffer
retireved it fine as well and I didn't see anything unusal, though i'm
by no means an expert on that sort of thing. This seems to be the only
site I've or my users have run across problems with in the past 4 or so
months of using squid. Not sure how to diagnose the issue..

Thomas