Re: [squid-users] squid wccp problem - packets not redirecting to squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:14:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, ksc wrote:

> The problem is that the cisco router shows that the
> cisco has registered the server as cache-engine, and
> the port 80 traffic is passing through to my gre1.
> However, it doesn't get passed on to my squid (running
> at port 8080). I've already setup my iptables rule and
> there's no firewall blocking.

If browsing still works then your iptables ruleset is wrong and does not
match the traffic.

If browsing is dead then maybe you have the rp_filter sysctl enabled..
this will cause the packets to go into the bitbucket immediately when
exiting the gre tunnel..

> iptables -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth1 --dport 80 -j
> REDIRECT --to-port 8080
> (my interface is eth1)

This does not look correct to me. The interface should be the gre
interface as this is where the client port 80 traffic is seen...